A short but circuitous walk today with a dam and road walking.
As I walked further than expected yesterday, this morning I only had 11 kilometres to walk, arriving at my campsite a little before 1 pm.
Walking out of Kružberk I went by the small church of St Peter and Paul. Despite the majority of Czechs not admitting to any religious belief there are plenty of churches, sometimes two per village, in addition shrines and crosses are frequent. However looking inside this church, through the bars preventing entry, it did not look much used, maybe more a memorial to past belief.
The first section of trail was along the Moravice River valley, I stopped to admire an impressive outcrop of rocks on the valley side. Photos on an information board showed people climbing them.
Further on I came to a sizeable dam completed in 1955 to generate hydroelectricity.
After the dam, and the lake it created, the E3 ran along a road for several kilometres. A pity a quieter route was not chosen for this international path. Eventually it turned off to add a big northerly diversion, on peaceful grassy tracks beside large green fields that were drapped over gentle hills. Part of the track was lined with yellow and red fruits, possibly a kind of small plum.
My walk ended at Budišov nad Budišovkou, a large village with a campsite where I am spending the night. The lady in reception did not speak English. She gave me a key and detailed instructions in Czech with a bit of German. After a little research I discovered it operated the tall, main gate. Presumably it is closed at night. I want to leave early in the morning so I am worrying about what to do with the key, assuming I need it to get out of the campsite. There is a café on the site where I had lunch (pork risotto) and later dinner (chicken schnitzel). As the day progressed the site filled up with people, maybe having a weekend away, children played, men drank beer grouped on tables, dogs watched from under them. Annoyingly a group of young men pitched their tents close to mine.
The village was a mixture of modern and old buildings, some of the latter were in a poor state of repair, render missing, while others were smartly painted yellow and white, one even had window boxes of geraniums. Above them loomed the twin, bulbous spires of the Church of the Assumption. Sadly the Slate Museum was only open Saturdays thos time of year. In a Cukrárna beside the main square I stopped for a coffee and chocolate confection among the ladies.
I have had numerous emails from the place I have booked for tomorrow. As well as offering evening meals they such things as a beer bath are available. Being adventurous I selected a roasted knee for dinner, it seemed appropriate, but I skipped the wine spray. Although a long 31 kilometres away I have passed a lazy afternoon which should set me up for tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment