This blog describes my attempt to walk across Europe on the 8,880 kilometre long E3 trail.
Thursday, May 8, 2025
Comments on Serbia E4
I have commented on this part of the Serbian E4 before. The main difference on this trip is that gpx tracks of this part of the route are now available from Waymarkedtrails.org and are on Apps such OutdoorActive and Mapy.com. As I discovered this does not always mean they are walkable. Where there might once have been paths they may now be overgrown with thorny bushes stopping progress. To stay open tracks require farmers, forestry workers or hunters using them. Due to such issues walking the E4 in Serbia requires greater perseverance and mental fortitude than on many other trails, however the rewards are there as I hope you can see from my blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cesky Jiretin to Nová Ves v Horách: Day 178
A short walk today through a forested plateau touching the German border again. My tent was dripping was condensation this morni...
-
The Kom-Emine trail is a 600 kilometre long ridge walk from the west to the east of Bulgaria (although I am planning to walk it in the oppo...
-
The Kom-Emine trail follows the Balkan Mountains, also called the Stara Planina (Old Mountains), on an east-west line across Bulgaria from ...
-
A misty morning among the trees, then down to the Prohoda na Republikata Pass for a very late lunch. Last night I managed to communicate to ...
No comments:
Post a Comment